2010-05-31

Juice: Papaya

Out of so many types of juices, the juice that I like best now is the papaya juice with milk. This drink is simply sweet and tasty. Besides, papaya contains of a lot of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Papaya:
Nutritive values : Per 100 gm.
Vitamin A : 1,750 I.U
Vitamin C : 56 mg.
Calcium : 20 mg.
Phosphorus : 16 mg.
Potassium : 470 mg.
Carbohydrates : 10 gm
Calories : 39
Also contains Vitamin E and K

Papaya contains the digestive enzyme papain that is why it is valuable for aiding digestion.
The ripe fruit is easily digestible and prevents constipation.
It is shown in a study that this fruit when taken alone for 3 days has a beneficial tonic effect in the stomach and intestines.
Papaya juice helps in relieving infections of the colon and can help break down pus and mucus.
May help prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue (ripe papaya).
Prevents nausea (includes morning sickness and motion sickness).
Source is from here.

9 comments:

  1. You and hubby are very much into fruit juice. It's good as it is healthy. I like to drink juice too but dread the cleaning up after that.;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, so many benefits that I'm so tempted to eat this fruit everyday already.

    Good sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like papaya milk. taste nice and has lots of benefits too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love papaya milk too! a fruits which I love to eat because they are never sour. hehe.... unlike orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, papaya is my all time favourite too and great to know it has so much benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right on my way to get some papaya to blend juice!^-^

    Thanks for sharing and please have a nice day head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheoh Yan, papaya juice with milk? Never heard of this mixture before.
    I must try it out.....even though I got no morning sickness, arhaaaa ha ha. Just kidding.
    You have a nice day and stay beautiful, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forget to mention, papaya juice is good to drink as it can also enhance the size of our boobies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was in Taiwan, there are so many fruit juice stalls selling papaya milk! And after the first few days there, me and the bf started to have one cup of papaya milk everyday and it really helped in poo-poo-ing!

    ReplyDelete